Terms and conditions: Queensland Government online services
Queensland Government online services are on secure sites and any information you submit is treated as private and confidential. Before accessing any online services you must carefully read, and agree to, the terms and conditions listed below.
1. Definitions and interpretations
‘Card’ means the card issued to you by us from time to time, which relates to the services on this site.
‘Cookie’ means an electronic file which is placed on your computer automatically to retain your preferences for this site.
‘Department’ and ‘agency’ means the Queensland Government, a state or Commonwealth department, agency or instrumentality, or other government connecting to the system.
‘Service provider’ means a Queensland Government Department or instrumentality, or other Government or non-government body contributing to this site.
‘System’ means a system owned by the Queensland Government.
‘Third party systems’ means a system other than those owned by the Queensland Government.
‘This site’ means the equipment, programs, services and systems provided by us or our service providers to allow you to use the online services and access the information provided by us and our service providers.
‘Use of this site’ means your use of all online services and your access to all information provided on this site by us and our service providers.
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means the Queensland Government.
‘You’ and ‘your’ means the legal entity or entities using this site.
2. Terms of agreement
Your access to and/or use of this site is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with these terms and conditions. By accessing and using this site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
We have the right to change or discontinue these terms and conditions or any feature of this site at any time without reference to you. It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of any changes to these terms and conditions each time you visit this site. These terms and conditions are in addition to and inclusive of any other terms that may apply to your card and all other technology or infrastructure used in conjunction with your card, and its use (both online and offline), which may be issued by us from time to time.
If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of a department’s or agency’s website, these terms and conditions will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
In using this site, you agree:
- to recognise the electronic record of the transaction as made by us
You acknowledge and agree that:
- you may be required to indicate your acceptance and approval of information contained in any forms you submit online
- we intend to rely on any forms and attached documents which you submit online as if they were received with signature in hardcopy form.
3. Minimum system requirements
When you access a secure part of this site, your transaction across the internet is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. SSL is an industry standard for secure transactions. If your browser does not support SSL, you will not be able to access these services.
4. Warranties and representations
We do not warrant or make any representations and exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all liability as to the following:
- that your system will meet the minimum requirements (as apply from time to time) to enable your use of this site
- in relation to the speed of transmission data
- that your use of this site will be uninterrupted
- that material or services in this site are appropriate or available for use in countries outside Australia; or in relation to, or endorse, the quality or appropriateness of any other website which you may access through this site (see our disclaimer for more information). We will not be liable to you or third parties for
- your system’s incapacity in using this site
- interruptions or delays to the service whether beyond our control or not
- any non-compliance with foreign and local laws if you use this site outside Australia
- your use of other websites which you may access through this site including in relation to contracting viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
5. Disclaimer of liability
We disclaim and exclude, to the maximum extent permissible by law, any terms and conditions implied by law relating to any loss or damage that may be suffered by you as a result of you using this site.
Without limiting the above paragraph, we disclaim and exclude, to the maximum extent permissible by law, all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty as to the accuracy, quality, context, completeness, availability, reliability or suitability for any purpose, of any information contained in your personal information or accessed through this site.
You agree to release us from all responsibility and all liability in contract, or in tort, or pursuant to any other common law or statutory cause of action whatsoever (including without limitation, liability in negligence) arising under this agreement or in connection with your use of this site, for any loss or damage whether or not reasonably foreseeable, including but not limited to liability for an entity carrying out, or failing to carry out, any activity described in, or contemplated by, any document published by us relating to this site.
You agree to indemnify us and our officers, employees, agents and contractors (including sub-contractors) (‘those indemnified’) from and against all actions, proceedings, claims demands, costs (including all reasonable legal costs and all reasonable costs associated with defending those indemnified), losses, damages and expenses, and any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage, including those arising out of the terms of any settlement, which:
- may be brought against or made upon those indemnified; and
- those indemnified may incur on their own behalf or sustain as a result of a third party claim, arising out of or as a consequence of
- your use of this site
- any breach of this agreement by you; or
- any wilful, unlawful, or negligent act or omission by you relating in any way to this site. You acknowledge that this indemnity will continue to take effect after this agreement has been terminated.
7. Australian units
Time is provided in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) as it exists in Brisbane, Australia (GMT + 10:00). Please note that Brisbane does not have daylight saving time during summer.
8. Intellectual property and copyright
© The State of Queensland 2015
The Queensland Government supports and encourages the distribution of its material.
Unless otherwise noted, all copyright material available on or through this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY) licence.
You are free to use copyright material available on or through this website in line with the licence terms. You must keep the copyright notice on the copyright material and attribute the State of Queensland as the source of the copyright material.
Material may be licensed under a specified licence, which then governs its use. The use of other Queensland Government material, including the Queensland Government logo and trade mark protected material is not governed by the CC BY licences.
Linked material available on other Queensland Government websites
9. Use of this site
This site is made available only for your personal information. As a user of this site, you agree not to use this site's data to provide or facilitate direct online access to any other person. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this site any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
You must not provide false or misleading information to us or it may result in prosecution and civil or criminal penalties.
10. Your personal information
We manage personal information in line with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (PDF, 836KB).
We collect and manage your personal information as described on this page, unless stated otherwise. 'Personal information' may include your name, address, phone number, email address, age, gender, your employer, and your position title.
When using online services
When you visit this website, our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes only:
- the user's server address
- the user's top level domain name (.com, .gov, .au, etc.)
- the date and time you visited the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser you use.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may request inspection of the activity logs, through appropriate legal processes.
If you give your personal information to us for us to provide a service to you, you authorise us to use that personal information as necessary to provide the service to you, including in conjunction with other personal information you have provided to us.
If you choose to supply an email address and/or mobile phone/SMS device number, you consent to the use of that information for the purposes for which you provided it including:
- issuing you with an online access code
- responding to your enquiries
- processing your transaction
- sending you information, notices, reminders or updates on our products and services.
Email messages may be monitored by the department's web team for system troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
Your name and address details will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent unless required or authorised to do so by law.
The Queensland Government will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your information is not corrupted or changed.
The Queensland Government is responsible for:
- the security of information while it is collected by, stored on or passing through the system; and
- the security of the links from the Queensland Government’s system to systems under the control of Queensland Government departments or agencies.
Departments and agencies are responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on or passing through systems within their control in line with Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture Standard: Information Security IS18.
You are responsible for:
- protecting your computer with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam software, and keeping this software current
- not opening links in emails or attachments if you do not know the sender or are not expecting an email from the system
- only downloading files from trusted internet sites.
This site does not provide facilities for securely transmitting information across the internet. We recognise that there can be risks with transmitting information across the internet.
This site contains links to non-Queensland Government websites. The Queensland Government is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such websites.
12. Governing law
This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia.
13. This agreement
This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between you and us, and supersedes all prior representations, agreements, statements and understandings, whether verbal or in writing.
None of these terms and conditions will be taken to be waived except by written notice signed by you and us.
15. Contact us
If you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions or if you encounter any problems with this site, please contact us.